db-derby-user mailing list archives

From legolas wood <legola...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: does derby provide SQL access management (grant and revoke permission)
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 00:06:10 GMT
Manjula G Kutty wrote:
> legolas wood wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> Thank you for reading my post.
>> Does derby support permission management for users ?
>> for example can i define some users and then grant them some permission?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
> Yes , The latest Release 10.2 supports SQL Authorization. You can get
> more information regarding this in the latest manuals.
>
> Some of them are
>
> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/ref/
> http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/devguide/
>
> Thanks
> Manjula

Thank you for reply.
I tried and create a derby.properties file and put it bin folder of
derby (it is derby home)
I have derby.database.sqlAuthorization=true inside the derby.properties
file but i can not use grant and revoke commands.
here is my steps :
-connect to a none existance database (I forced the server to create the
database by using create=true)
-create a table inside the database
-grant some permission to another user using
         *grant all on table2 to user2
*

what i get as an error is like :
ERROR 42Z60: GRANT not allowed unless database property
derby.database.sqlAuthorization has value 'TRUE'.

even i tried to set the variable by executing an sql command showed in
manual but it does not helps and error stayed the same.
here is sql statement that i execute using IJ

**CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY(
    'derby.database.sqlAuthorization', 'true');

can some one help ?
**