db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Rajesh Kartha" <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: read-only scrolling exception
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 01:38:29 GMT
Hi Alex,

What is the resultSetConcurrency type that you are using while creating the
SELECT statement ?

I have not been able to reproduce this issue on a read-only db  with Derby
10.2.2.0 - (485682) and using
different result set types and concurrency.

Moreover I don't think the error could be because of the resultSetType - (
ResultSet.TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY, ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE, or
ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE )

Using ResultSet.CONCUR_UPDATABLE type of resultSetConcurrency the select
does fail while opening the result set (first iteration) with 'ERROR 40XD1:
Container was opened in read-only mode.'
as Suresh pointed out.

In any case, if you are able to provide a reproducible test that will be
really useful.

-Rajesh