db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Diego Zanga" <naar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: getColumn( table.field) / getInt( table.field )
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 08:13:13 GMT
2007/2/15, Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradbury@gmail.com>:
> Diego Zanga wrote:
> > hi!
> >
> > I've seen there is some problem to use a syntax like
> > resultset.getString( "TABLENAME.FIELDNAME" )
> > 'cause it works only with
> > resultset.getString( "FIELDNAME" )
> > ( with every getXXXX method, even getColumn)
> > is there a workaround to allow table.field syntax
> > to identify columns?

> The Java API doc lists columnName or columnIndex as the parameters to
> use with ResultSet.getString.  Do you know if the JDBC specification

yep, however near all the database implements as columnName
the single <columnName> or <table.column>: reading the derby
sql syntax i tought even this db has this syntax
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1/ref/
-> it works in a select, it doesn't while getting the field value

> states that columnName references support TABLENAME.COLUMNNAME
> syntax?   If so then please file a bug in JIRA to get this corrected.
i'm going to check it :O) when i found where's the references documents :OP
(i've no idea, but hope to find 'em with google)
however can tell me where (address) i could then file it in JIRA?
(i've never submitted a bug, if it's a bug)

cya, Thanks :-)
--
Diego Zanga