db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <de...@segel.com>
Subject RE: Database Anti-Pattern - clustering your own database
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:42:42 GMT

And this is why you leave the design of databases to professionals.

Note: this is before my morning cup of joe, and I'm shooting from the hip.

If you can't redesign their database schema outright, then what about
views/materialized views and an index on the view.

But the best choice would be to redesign the table structures to begin with.

Now if you want to have some fun, write a new storage implementation for
derby and then allow for data partitioning.