db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby in front of Oracle
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 21:41:10 GMT
Yekesa Kosuru wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'd like to use Apache Derby in front of Oracle DB.
> We have bunch of clients that would be writing data to
> Derby db.  And, periodically (every minute or so), we
> want to write all updates back to Oracle db.
>
> Is this possible ?, we would be running Derby as a
> Network Server.
>
> Thanks for any insights,
>
> Vissu

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Hi -

I believe such a solution could be coded but it would be a non-trivial
effort.

The only commercial product I know of that can be used to synchronize
Derby/Cloudscape activity with Oracle is DB2 Everyplace Sync Server.
This might work for you if you are looking for an out-of-the box
solution.  You can find out more about the DB2 Everyplace Sync Server at:

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/db2/everyplace/syncserver.html

Derby (aka Cloudscape) can be used only as a client so is not listed on
the supported database list posted to the website but the following
article tells how to setup replication from a Derby/Cloudscape database:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0503stumpf/