db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Steffen Winkler" <steffen.wink...@danprodukte.de>
Subject AW: AW: somtimes no connect
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 14:28:25 GMT
Thank you Stan.

We come closer to the solution:

Application, database and Network server is installed on the same computer
(Laptop).
Url contains computername (e.g. danxpu73).

If the network-cable is plugged off, the connection closes with following
error:
 -4499: A communications error has been detected: Connection reset by peer:
socket write error.

Restart the application and ping leads to the error:
DRDA_NoIO.S:Es konnte keine Verbindung zu Derby Network Server auf dem Host
danxpu73, Port 1527, hergestellt werden.
That means "no connection possible".

Shutdown the server leads to the error:
-4499 java.net.NoRouteToHostException : Error connecting to server danxpu73
on port 1527 with message No route to host: connect.
Restarting the Network-Sever solves this problem.

If the network-cable is plugged off and re-plugged in, then new connection
of the application is possible.

Similar problems occur, when I use IP-Number instead of computername.

No problem occurs, when I use "localhost".

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----