db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Jose de Castro <jose.decas...@voxeo.com>
Subject Re: Already created, embedded db in Java6
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 16:16:25 GMT
Steve Lewis wrote:
> I'm trying to check out this JDBC4.0 stuff and I can
> create a Derby Database, but my client can't find the
> embedded database already created. How does it find
> the database I already created? I have it in my
> classpath, I have the DERBY_HOME set.
>
> In the meantime, I'll look at the source.
> Steve

> Have a burning question?
> Go to www.Answers.yahoo.com and get answers from real people who know.

Please make sure that your /derby.system.home/ JVM system property is
pointing to the database's parent directory. For example, if your
database resides in "/tmp/databases/salesdb" , your derby.system.home
property should be set to "/tmp/databases/".

See the Derby Developer Guide for more information about how Derby
establishes a System Environment at runtime.

Hope this helps,

Jose de Castro
Sr. Software Engineer
Voxeo Corporation