db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Schatten <ala...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Frustration: lack of alter table functionality
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2006 21:16:54 GMT
Duncan Groenewald wrote:
> Been there done that...  this is what I do now to make making changes
> easy.

thank you for your hints, I was doing something similar with huge
effort, but after this experience, I invested some hours and switched
back to hsqldb, this is---sorry to say---by far more convenient for
development purpose. similar restructuring with hsqldb took me seconds.
It is really impossible to develop with a database, where restructuring
is not feasible, and at the moment I have to say, it is even worse to
roll out with a database under such conditions.

I think I wait for the next release and will then probably change back
to Derby. the hsqldb concept with the script file is just perfect for
development issues.

I really hope for the next release of Derby...

thank you for answering!

Alex