db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XJ200 error
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 21:28:07 GMT
jorge.martindelrio@telvent.abengoa.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>       after using Apache Derby some time i have the following error:
>
>       "Exceeded maximum number of sections 32K"

=== SNIP ===

> This is the content of the derby.properties file:
>
> derby.connection.requireAuthentication=true
> derby.authentication.provider=BUILTIN
> derby.user.PEPE=pepito
> derby.drda.host=0.0.0.0
> derby.storage.pageSize=32768
> derby.storage.pageCacheSize=5000

Hi -

It strikes me that you are using a large pageSize and pageCacheSize
(potentially requiring 40 times the memory the default Derby
configuration).  This could lead to resource limitations, it this case
it appears to be 'sections' (don't know what they are).  The stack trace
associated with the error will indicate the area in which the problem
occurs.  Is it a derby class throwing this?  Does this problem happen
when you are running with the default pageCacheSize?