db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: somtimes no connect
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 18:29:51 GMT
Steffen Winkler wrote:
> Thank you for reply.
>
>> Check to be sure that the application does not shutdown the Network Server
>>
> when it shutsdown.
> If the network server was shutdown, i should see it in the log. But the log
> shows that the network server was shut down after the ConnectException.
> Are there any other reasons why connection was not possible?

==  SNIP ===

I've seen instances where the Network server has been terminated without
any messages being sent so I recommend testing availability using
'NetworkServerControl sysinfo' or 'ping'.  If these commands indicate
that the Network Server is running and the application still cannot
connect I would check that the correct hostname and port are being
supplied on the connection URL.  To remove any possible problems
stemming from name resolution perform a test using the IP address of the
server machine rather than 'localhost' or the hostname.

I hope these guesses help.  You might try to create a small test case
that could be used to demonstrate the problem.  Knowing the specifics of
the configurations of the client, server and seeing the code that
manages the Server and the establishes the client connection would help
in looking into this further and, if this is a bug, filing a Jira bug
entry for the problem.