db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject Re: Replication Support
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 22:29:58 GMT
You're not the first one to ask.  It's a big project.  There are
currently no ongoing efforts to add this.

There was another question posted recently which provided links to
projects that provide availability on top of Derby.  One of them is Sequoia

http://sequoia.continuent.org/HomePage

but I do want to share that some folks ran tests with this and
encountered performance issues.  But I think it's best to try this out
yourself.

The other one I just heard about was ha-jdbc, see

http://ha-jdbc.sourceforge.net/

and then Rajesh mentioned a replication research project:

http://gorda.di.uminho.pt/community/derbyg/

Maybe we should have a Wiki page for replication/availability solutions
for Derby...

David