db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Bernt.John...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby-638 not actually resolved ?
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:37:47 GMT
Hi,

Some comments:

1) It is considered good parctice to clase all JDBC object when they
   are not needed and free the underlying db resources as quicklya s
   possible.

2) Closing connections before statements is obviously not correct but
   probably harmless in most situations.

3) I would really hae liked to take peek at the connection pool your
   are using to figure out what happens here. Where does this JdbcUtil
   you are using coe from. Equinox?

Bernt

> On reading the javadoc, it is mentioned that:
>
> A ResultSet object is automatically closed by the Statement object that
> generated it when that Statement object is closed, re-executed, or is used to
> retrieve the next result from a sequence of multiple results.
>
> Thus I don't close the ResultSet anymore.
>
> To solve the problem, Connection needs to be closed prior to Statements.
>
> e.g. This does not throw any SQLException
>
> finally
> {
>     try
>     {