db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Leslie Software <lesliesoftw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Best choice for column's data type to represent boolean data
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 18:44:09 GMT
I have a need for columns of boolean data to indicate if items in my database have (or do not
have) certain attributes.  These are all truly yes/no values.  For Derby what is the best
approach for me to take (I have next to zero database experience so I am not aware of any
best practices)?  In my case if I had t pick performance over storage space in this application
I would choose performance.  I plan to query using these values (along with others); for example
select all items that have attribute A but not attribute B.

Currently my application is using but before my next release I will be upgrading

Ian Leslie - Shareware Author (mailto:lesliesoftware@yahoo.com)

Do You Yahoo!?