db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Jue" <teamp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deploying derby db via tomcat
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2006 21:25:16 GMT
Here's what I did:

Have the db data live in a separate directory, totally outside of the
Tomcat deployment dir.  Just make sure that whatever service you are
running Tomcat as has access to that dir.  The derby libarary jars
should live either in Tomcat Shared libs or in your application's
web-inf/lib.

For my dev and prod servers, I have the db living in a similar place.
The location string (the path) is stored as a variable that is
substituted at runtime.

Dan Jue