Hi Derby User Team,

Do you have any updates on this issue? Since it been a long time we submitted this problem.

Most of our clients are struck because of this problem. Respond as soon as possible so that we can proceed further.

Suggest us how can we avoid this exception. So that we can implement this in our application.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,
Sridhar

----- Forwarded by Sridharsingh Inder/LNTINFOTECH on 11/30/2006 11:22 AM -----
Sridharsingh Inder/LNTINFOTECH

11/14/2006 05:52 PM

derby-user@db.apache.org
cc
Julius.Stroffek@Sun.COM
Subject
Query regarding derby

Hi Derby User Team,

Do you have any updates on this issue?

Best Regards,
Sridhar

----- Forwarded by Sridharsingh Inder/LNTINFOTECH on 11/14/2006 05:50 PM -----
Sridharsingh Inder/LNTINFOTECH

11/10/2006 11:17 AM

derby-user@db.apache.org
cc
derby-user@db.apache.org, Julius.Stroffek@Sun.COM
Subject
Re: Query regarding derbyLink

Hi Derby User Team,

Thanks for your immediate response.

The derby version is mentioned below
Bundle-Name: Apache Derby 10.0
Bundle-Version: 10.0.2000001
DERBY_DRIVER = org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
DERBY_PROTOCOL = jdbc:derby:

We dont have multiple instance of derby. We are attaching the AccessDB and DatabaseConnectionManager class for your reference.

[attachment "DatabaseConnectionManager.java" deleted by Sridharsingh Inder/LNTINFOTECH] [attachment "AccessDB.java" deleted by Sridharsingh Inder/LNTINFOTECH]
Best Regards,
Sridhar
Software Engineer,
Eurogiro Team,
L&T Infotech,
Phone: +9122-67768201

This Mail is classified as
[  ] L&T Infotech Proprietary
[  ] L&T Infotech Internal Use
[x] L&T Infotech Confidential
[  ] L&T Infotech General Business

"Julius.Stroffek" <Julius.Stroffek@Sun.COM>
Sent by: Julius.Stroffek@Sun.COM

11/09/2006 08:09 PM
Please respond to
derby-user@db.apache.org

derby-user@db.apache.org
cc
derby-dev@db.apache.org, Sridharsingh.Inder@lntinfotech.com
Subject
Re: Query regarding derby

Hi Sridharsingh,

Please describe more your running configuration. This kind of error may occur if you are running different instances of derby to access a same database.

Which version of derby are you running? Do you have more instances of derby on the same machine? What exactly are you doing?

I have posted the reply to derby-user mailing list since I think it is related more to the user issue.

Cheers

Julo

Sridharsingh Inder wrote:

Hi Derby Team,

We are using derby database in our application. While updating the table, we are getting

"A lock could not be obtained within the time requested " this exception.

My queries are as follows

1. Why I am getting this exception?

2. What I should do to avoid this error?

3. How the locking mechanism working in Derby Database?