Hi Sridharsingh,

Please describe more your running configuration. This kind of error may occur if you are running different instances of derby to access a same database.

Which version of derby are you running? Do you have more instances of derby on the same machine? What exactly are you doing?

I have posted the reply to derby-user mailing list since I think it is related more to the user issue.

Cheers

Julo

Sridharsingh Inder wrote:

Hi Derby Team,

We are using derby database in our application. While updating the table, we are getting
"A lock could not be obtained within the time requested " this exception.

My queries are as follows

1. Why I am getting this exception?
2. What I should do to avoid this error?
3. How the locking mechanism working in Derby Database?

Thanks in Advance .

Best Regards,
Sridhar
Software Engineer,