Hi all,

We are having log corruption issues with Derby inside of a java swing application.

Here is the error:

java.sql.SQLException: Log Corrupted, has invalid data in the log stream.

We have about 1000 users using this software, and I would guess that at any given time we see 4-5 with log corruption.  Deleting logXXX.dat files from within the log folder fixes the problem for the time being, but I would like to get at the root of the problem.  Is this safe to do as an interim solution?  I assume these are transaction logs, so it doesn't seem like a good idea to delete them, but that is the only thing that seems to work.  Also, anecdotally, this seems to be more prevalent in version 10.2 since we upgraded from 10.1.3 a few weeks ago.

Im also going to dig around on JIRA to seem if I come up with anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--

Alan Baldwin

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware". Monsanto accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.