I have a project that currently uses the McKoi open source data base. I am interested in converting it to Derby because of the larger user base. Before doing so, I would like to estimate the rewrite effort involved. To that end, I have to main questions.

1. McKoi supports a Boolean data type which I have used extensively. Does Derby have an equivalent or something easily substituted?

2. McKoi also supports Java Objects. What data type would I need to use in Derby? If the answer is CLOB then will I have to convert both ways to save and retrieve?

I am fairly competent in SQL but by no means a real expert. I am using J2SE and ResultSet to communicate with the data base via JDBC.

Thanks,
Bayless