db-derby-user mailing list archives

From bkbonner <brian.bon...@paraware.com>
Subject NPE on CreateTrigger
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:12:10 GMT

I'm trying to create the following trigger:

CREATE TRIGGER  PID.DELCONGT
    AFTER
    DELETE
    ON PID.PIDPDTCO
    REFERENCING
      OLD AS OROW
    FOR EACH  ROW    MODE DB2SQL
    DELETE FROM PID.PIDCONGT WHERE CON_UPC_NO = OROW.CON_UPC_NO;

For all intents and purposes, it looks like this should work, however I get:

ERROR XJ001: Java exception: ': java.lang.NullPointerException'.

The log shows:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.catalog.SYSSTATEMENTSRowFactory.makeSYSSTATEMENTSrow(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.catalog.DataDictionaryImpl.addSPSDescriptor(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.CreateTriggerConstantAction.createSPS(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.CreateTriggerConstantAction.executeConstantAction(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.MiscResultSet.open(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseEXCSQLIMM(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.processCommands(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.run(Unknown Source)

I'm running 10.1.2.1

Any thoughts?