db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Suraj Batuwana <sbatuw...@virtusa.com>
Subject Failed to start database with Derby/Websphere
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 03:21:43 GMT

Hi ,

I have received following server side and client side(inside junit test
classes) when I am running my application's nightly build for Websphere
6.0.2.5 with derby10.2.1.6. I have used IBM JDK 1.4.2 which comes with my
Websphere

I have used the org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver as the jdbc driver and
jdbc:derby:TestDB as
the database URL

Client side errors from the junit test classes
Can't connect to url=jdbc:derby:TestDB
java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database 'TestDB', see the next
exception for details.
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.newSQLException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.bootDatabase(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection30.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver30.getNewEmbedConnection(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver.connect(Unknown Source)

from the server side error was (Webphere server.log)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database
'E:\source\database\TestDB', see the next exception for details.DSRA0010E:
SQL State = XJ040, Error Code = 40,000DSRA0010E: SQL State = XJ040, Error
Code = 40,000
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor498.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java(Compiled
Code))
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java(Compiled
Code))
	at
com.ibm.websphere.rsadapter.GenericDataStoreHelper.mapExceptionHelper(GenericDataStoreHelper.java:501)
	at
com.ibm.websphere.rsadapter.GenericDataStoreHelper.mapException(GenericDataStoreHelper.java:544)
	at
com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.spi.WSRdbDataSource.getPooledConnection(WSRdbDataSource.java:1037)

I have used the follings to create websphere derby datasource
	implementing class
"org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedConnectionPoolDataSource"
	implementing class for XA     "org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedXADataSource"
	dataSource Helper Class Name
"com.ibm.websphere.rsadapter.DerbyDataStoreHelper"

Also I have seems that before start the tests my data source works OK with
my database. But after the
error happens(In the middle of test cases), my datasource is not working
correctly.

But when I shut down my all the java processes in my machine and try to
connect to the database it works OR
if I restarted the Webphere and test the datasource it works.

Also I am little bit confuse why I am getting a server side error as Failed
to start database when i am using the
embaded database since embaded we do not need to start it.

Any ideas about my issue ?

Thanks,
Suraj