db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject Re: Derby.jar file
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 00:04:31 GMT
Hi, Marl.  I signed my own jar file using the JDK jarsigner tool.  Part
of me thinks it would be nice if Apache had an officially signed version
of the jar file, but part of me suspects there's something off about
this.  Anyone else have any opinions on this?

If it were the fact that your jar file weren't signed, I would expect
you to get a security exception, not just a null back from
getConnection().  But you can sign your own jar file using jarsigner if
you want to test out that theory.

David