db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com>
Subject Re: SQL for inserting BLOB data?
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 22:35:26 GMT
Ray Kiddy wrote:
> Looking at the reference, it seems that one cannot assign any other data
> type to BLOB. There seems to be no built-in function for, for example,
> turning a string that represents a uuencoded binary into binary data.

Convert the String into byte[] using getBytes(String), and then put that
binary data into the BLOB column.  Inserting byte[] is allowed.

Inserting Blob is possible too... but AFAIK there is not actually any
method of creating one.  (I asked about this a while back and can't
remember getting any responses to the question. :-/)

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

Nuix Pty Ltd