db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Testing
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 17:03:53 GMT
Paul J DeCoursey wrote:
> I just tried from my gmail account and got the same error.  I found that
> the reason was the message body, although empty, was set to be html.  If
> I changed the body to be plain text I had no issues.  Perhaps we could
> put some info up on the instructions about this issue.

The Apache infrastructure volunteers have been working on tweaking the
SpamAssassin rules to keep subscribe/unsubscribe email from bouncing, so
hopefully this will improve.

Turning html off, and especially turning partial html off, will help as
each rule that fires adds to the total spam score. If your total score
exceeds the threshold, it will be bounced back to you with a message
that looks something like this:

   Remote host said: 552 spam score (5.0) exceeded threshold

That bounce message should include the rules that fired; some HTML rules
that seem to have been a problem include:

HTML_MESSAGE  -- message contains html
HTML_10_20 -- the message is 10% to 20% html

Another good reason for turning html mail off is sometimes html-encoded
posts are unreadable in the Apache mail archives at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-user/ . So turning off
html mail also makes it easier to read archived posts.

Finally, if you're having trouble subscribing or posting you can contact
the mail list moderators at  <list>-owner@{tlp}.apache.org; for
derby-user, that would be derby-user-owner@db.apache.org.

 -jean