db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Testing
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:13:16 GMT
Mirit Naim wrote:
> Well, just so you'd know, is is even more difficult to unsubscribe.

Hi Mirit,

Could you share some information about what made it difficult?
If anyone else had problems, feel free to document them here...

To get an idea of what this is all about, I decided to join the list
with another account:
  1) Went to http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_mail.html for instructions
(basically just to get the mail addresses).
  2) I sent an empty mail (no subject, no msg body) to
derby-user-subscribe@db.apache.org
  3) Got confirmation request mail, just hit reply and then send.
  4) Got final confirmation that I was subscribed.
unsubscribe.
  6) Got confirmation request mail regarding my wish to unsubscribe.
  7) Hit reply and send.
  8) Got final confirmation that I was unsubscribed.

The eight steps above took at most 5 minutes (including writing this
mail). In my experience, it was pretty quick and painless.

For those who had problems, which step(s) failed to complete/work?

regards,
--
Kristian