db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kasper Nielsen <n...@kav.dk>
Subject Re: Using Derby as a binary store
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:45:09 GMT
Peter Ondruska wrote:
> you should have a look at Hibernate or Toplink or similar tool if you
> want to _minimize_ SQL. however you will most probably come to a point
> where you cannot avoid SQL.

Hey,

just to clarify my needs. I'm not trying to avoid using SQL/JDBC because
I have a problem with using it. I'm trying to avoid using it because
there is an unacceptable overhead involved with using it (for my purpose).

I'm just looking for a lightweight solution where I can store bytes
(key->value pairs) and create a few indexes on the data.

Cheers
   Kasper