db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kasper Nielsen <n...@kav.dk>
Subject Using Derby as a binary store
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 09:43:17 GMT
Hi,

I'm evaluating Derby for a project of mine. I really would like to avoid
using SQL and just use Derby as a binary store. Is this possible?

My data consists of key -> value pairs where the keys are uniformly
distributed 160 bit numbers and the values are byte arrays.

For now, I need to support 2 basic queries
* Give me the value mapping for the key K or null if it doesn't exist.
* Give me a map of (key->value)  for the key range of key_start to key_end.

I had a look at the org.apache.derby.iap.store packages but wasn't quite
sure where to start.

Cheers
  Kasper