db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby Web Manager
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 23:58:48 GMT
Hi Stephen,

I tried out your web-based Derby manager.
It seemed to work very well, except that my X server freaked out about
drawing those Mac graphics!
(took all cpu for quite long every time a new window/frame was created,
or when I used the scroll bars)

Don't really know what else you could have added, as I'm not using these
kind of tools much. On first sight, I did not miss any basic features
related to manipulating the contents of the database.
I did not see any interface for backing up/restoring the database or
letting another user access the database, but maybe I missed it or this
kind of functionality might be out of scope.
I would recommend users more experienced with management systems to try
it out and comment on it!

I can see the value of the software in letting users manage their own
databases on a server through a web-interface, as I have seen some ISPs
offer.

regards,
--
Kristian