db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Does Derby support Transaction Logging ?
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:43:05 GMT
Duncan Groenewald wrote:
> Thanks, I just read the material on the transaction logs.  However I
> still don't see how I would be able to achieved what I want which is:
>
>   1. Set up a new derby database server on another server (server_2)
>   2. Restore the database from a database backup from server_1
>   3. Copy server_1 logs every 15 minutes and load them into server_2

The database files that make up a derby database are platform
independent, so you can set up a new database based on an existing one
very easily: just shut down that database on the first server and copy
all the files in the database directory over to the second server.

However, Derby doesn't support synchronizing multiple databases. Sequoia
might support what you want (and more):

http://sequoia.continuent.org/HomePage

Also, in the "Products by Type" category on
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/UsesOfDerby, there's a list of
synchronization/replication products.

I hope this helps,

 -jean