db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Paul J DeCoursey <p...@decoursey.net>
Subject Re: [OT] Two suggestions on list management...
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:30:29 GMT
derby@segel.com wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed an increase in Spam?
>
> I set up an alias derby@<mydomain>.com
> <mailto:derby@%3cmydomain%3e.com> which is now getting a ton of stock
> spams from ‘bots.
>
> The e-mail alias is only used for this list and I’m certain that its
> coming from an archive site.
>
> It would be nice if the e-mail addresses were munged prior to being
> placed on the archive site.
>
> Also, it would be nice to have a clear filter in the subject line to
> indicate where this mail is coming from.
>
> For example, the Dovecot mailing list will include inject a [dovecot]
> tag in to the subject line. This makes it easier to filter the mail
> and put it automatically in to the correct mbox. It will also make it
> easier to filter against the alias. So that any mail to
> derby@<mydomain>.com <mailto:derby@%3cmydomain%3e.com> that doesn’t
> have a tag like [derby-user] will automatically hit /dev/null.
>
> Can this be done?
>
> Danke!
>
> -G

Spam is an essential part of internet life, why are you trying to stop
it? It'd be like going to the pool for a swim and finding the pool only
filled to 10%. But seriously I have also noticed an influx on spam, but
I was unable to attribute it to any one list, I have the same address
for all my Apache project mailing lists, and it's on that address that I
get a lot of spam.

pd