db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: maximum file size
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 20:49:38 GMT
Do people really use fat32 on 100+ GB disks anymore, especially with
32gb volume limits as described in the link below?  If you run into
the 4gb limit how hard is it to upgrade the filesystem to ntfs from
fat32?

I continue to think it is good to take advantage of native filesystems
which hopefully have been built to optimize performance on these large
files rather than write our own many layers up from the OS.