db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Re: does Derby has some form of performance problem ?
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2006 22:31:36 GMT
legolas wood wrote:
> Can i ask how much time does it takes ?
> so it is normal that our database take 30 second to boot up just with
> 100 MB size ?

30 seconds sounds abnormal but we see 10 second startups all the time.

In a way it's good, because it means when we run unit tests, we can fit
in a whole second coffee. ;-)

The other side of the coin is that when a user opens a case which
happens to contain 20 databases, it may take a *very* long time.  But at
the same rate, HSQLDB really isn't capable of maintaining databases as
big as we encounter anyway.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll