db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Suresh Thalamati <suresh.thalam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with Derby when using with IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 22:07:23 GMT
Suraj Batuwana wrote:
> Hi Suresh,
> I have able to connect to the connect to the database using IJ
> and performed some queries on the database. Is that means it has a file
> descriptors problem ?

Thanks a lot for verifying. If you are able to boot , the it is not a
corruption issue, for sure.  From the error,  as I mentioned earlier
my suspicion is file descriptors are leaking some where in your
application.

> how do we over come such an issue ?
If you can not find what part of the application is leaking the
descriptors, I have no idea, how to solve it.

> While I am testing for derby/WASCE i got another requirement, that is to
> deploy my application in
> WAS6.0.2.5/derby10.2.1.6. But this time the requirement was to use the
> embedded driver.
>
> So I have used the org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver as the jdbc driver
> and jdbc:derby:TestDB as
> the database URL
>
> This time I got a different error from the client side test classes
> Can't connect to url=jdbc:derby:TestDB
> java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database 'TestDB', see the next

<snip ...>

> I have test this with ibm jdk 1.4.2. Is this happening due to the same kind
> of a issue as you described ?
> But this time i did not get any errors on derby.log

If you are not seeing any errors in derby.log,  then may be it is a
different problem. It might  be just a setup issue, I have no
knowledge of setting up embedded database in the Webspehere
environment, may be others on the list will be able to help you.

Thanks
-suresh