db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Army <qoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Heap and stack size for Derby server
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 18:07:36 GMT
Bryan Pendleton wrote:
>> I don't think this is DERBY-47. DERBY-47 is the issue that the plan
>> generated by an IN query is inefficient.
>>
>> This issue is that a query with a large number of IN parameters fails
>> to compile due to a stack overflow error.

Do we know for sure that it's a compile time error and not an execution error?
I haven't been following this that closely so sorry if that's been stated somewhere.

> Is this issue already known, then? Or would it be helpful for Robert to
> file a new Jira issue to track it?

Sort of kind of maybe seems similar to DERBY-634 (don't let the title of that
issue throw you).  But of course, DERBY-634 is marked as resolved in 10.2.1.6,
which is the version Robert is using.  So that's not *the* issue...but maybe
it's related?

Army