db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Heap and stack size for Derby server
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 16:12:12 GMT
> My problems came from a simple query containing an IN clause with 5000
> items in it. I went over this easily by increasing the stack size limit
> to 1024 KB.

Thanks Robert! That definitely sounds like DERBY-47. If you have the time,
it'd be great to have some help in working on improving this part of Derby.

I'm glad you were able to find a workaround to the problem.

> The question I'm asking is if there are some best practicing in sizing
> the heap and stack for the Derby process based on the query
> complexities, number of database objects and estimated amount of data.

I think that one reason you haven't had a lot of response on this is that
many people aren't experiencing a lot of problems in this area. In my
case, for example, my Derby application has been running quite happily,
24/7, for several years, in the default heap and stack.

thanks,

bryan