db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "BALDWIN, ALAN J [AG-Contractor/1000]" <alan.j.bald...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: java.sql.SQLException: Log Corrupted, has invalid data in the log stream.
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 17:01:35 GMT
I have not *noticed* any inconsistencies after deleting these files,
however, that doesn't mean there aren't any.  It just means they haven't
been reported.

I have never run the compress table routines.  Is that something that
can be done programmatically at runtime?

The corruption is noticed when we try to start the app and connect to
the database.  It won't let us connect.  Also, as expected, we cannot
connect using tools like Cloudscape Workbench either once this state is
reached.

I can't think of anything else that is relevant at this point.  It seems
to be random, and it does not seem to be related to users killing the
app halfway through a transaction or anything like that.

-Alan-

-----Original Message-----
From: Mayuresh Nirhali [mailto:Mayuresh.Nirhali@Sun.COM]
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 6:04 AM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: java.sql.SQLException: Log Corrupted, has invalid data in
the log stream.

Alan,

As you are aware, it is not recommended to delete the log fils manually.
The logCorruptedException has another nestedException and it is because
the value read from the log records is not matched with required
appropriate data.
But, Did you observe any sort of inconsistencies in your database when
you boot again after you delete the files. ?

How often do you (or did you ever) run the compress table routines ??

Do you see the log corrupted when you boot the db or during some
transactions ??

any more information which you think is relevant ??

Mayuresh

BALDWIN, ALAN J [AG-Contractor/1000] wrote:

>More info:
>
>Windows XP
>
>JVM 1.5 and JVM 1.4.2
>

>I don't see any exceptions being thrown in our application before any
of the
>corruption cases that would indicate that something in the app had gone
>awry.
>

>Also, attached is my derby.log file.
>

>-Alan-

prohibited.