db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "BALDWIN, ALAN J [AG-Contractor/1000]" <alan.j.bald...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: java.sql.SQLException: Log Corrupted, has invalid data in the log stream.
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 16:02:17 GMT
More info:

Windows XP

JVM 1.5 and JVM 1.4.2

I don't see any exceptions being thrown in our application before any of the
corruption cases that would indicate that something in the app had gone
awry.

Also, attached is my derby.log file.

-Alan-

-----Original Message-----
From: BALDWIN, ALAN J [AG-Contractor/1000]
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 9:42 AM
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Subject: java.sql.SQLException: Log Corrupted, has invalid data in the log
stream.

Hi all,

We are having log corruption issues with Derby inside of a java swing
application.

Here is the error:

java.sql.SQLException: Log Corrupted, has invalid data in the log stream.

We have about 1000 users using this software, and I would guess that at any
given time we see 4-5 with log corruption.  Deleting "logXXX.dat" files from
within the log folder fixes the problem for the time being, but I would like
to get at the root of the problem.  Is this safe to do as an interim
solution?  I assume these are transaction logs, so it doesn't seem like a
good idea to delete them, but that is the only thing that seems to work.
Also, anecdotally, this seems to be more prevalent in version 10.2 since we
upgraded from 10.1.3 a few weeks ago.

I'm also going to dig around on JIRA to seem if I come up with anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--

Alan Baldwin

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information,
and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive such
information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any servers,
hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly
prohibited.

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring,
reading and archival by Monsanto. The recipient of this e-mail is solely
responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware".
Monsanto accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code
transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.

prohibited.