db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "BALDWIN, ALAN J [AG-Contractor/1000]" <alan.j.bald...@monsanto.com>
Subject java.sql.SQLException: Log Corrupted, has invalid data in the log stream.
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 15:42:19 GMT
Hi all,

We are having log corruption issues with Derby inside of a java swing
application.

Here is the error:

java.sql.SQLException: Log Corrupted, has invalid data in the log stream.

We have about 1000 users using this software, and I would guess that at any
given time we see 4-5 with log corruption.  Deleting "logXXX.dat" files from
within the log folder fixes the problem for the time being, but I would like
to get at the root of the problem.  Is this safe to do as an interim
solution?  I assume these are transaction logs, so it doesn't seem like a
good idea to delete them, but that is the only thing that seems to work.
Also, anecdotally, this seems to be more prevalent in version 10.2 since we
upgraded from 10.1.3 a few weeks ago.

I'm also going to dig around on JIRA to seem if I come up with anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--

Alan Baldwin