db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Bernt.John...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [OT] Two suggestions on list management...
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:30:26 GMT
> Has anyone else noticed an increase in Spam?

Yes. I'm running a server with several mailing lists (completely
unrelated to any Apache project whatsoever), and have had a notiecable
increase in spam attacks on list-adresses lately. I solved the problem
by greylisting (had spamassasin and spamcop+spahaus blacklisting
previously).

The rest of this mail should be directed to infrastructure@apache.org

> I set up an alias derby@ <mailto:derby@%3cmydomain%3e.com> <mydomain>.com
> which is now getting a ton of stock spams from 'bots.
>

> The e-mail alias is only used for this list and I'm certain that its coming
> from an archive site.
>

> It would be nice if the e-mail addresses were munged prior to being placed
> on the archive site.
>

> Also, it would be nice to have a clear filter in the subject line to
> indicate where this mail is coming from.
>

> For example, the Dovecot mailing list will include inject a [dovecot] tag in
> to the subject line. This makes it easier to filter the mail and put it
> automatically in to the correct mbox. It will also make it easier to filter
> against the alias. So that any mail to derby@
> <mailto:derby@%3cmydomain%3e.com> <mydomain>.com that doesn't have a tag
> like [derby-user] will automatically hit /dev/null.
>

> Can this be done?
>

> Danke!
>

> -G

Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway