db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Marl Atkins" <m...@softlinksys.com>
Subject RE: Date - Timestamp format for inserts?
Date Sun, 19 Nov 2006 23:28:54 GMT
It would have to be because I don't know it.
Could you enlighten me?

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Noll [mailto:daniel@nuix.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2006 4:49 PM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: Date - Timestamp format for inserts?

Marl Atkins wrote:
> What's wrong with this statement?
> INSERT INTO users
> (RecordID,CTMCClientID,OrgName,Prefix,FName,MidInit,LName,Addr1,Addr2,
> City,S
> tate,Zip,Phone,CellPhone,AltPhone,Fax,Email,Login,Password,Status,Acce
> ssLeve lID,DateCreated,CreatedBy,DateExpired ) VALUES(1,NULL,'SoftLink
> Systems,
> Inc.',NULL,'Marl',NULL,'Atkins',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NUL
> L,NULL ,NULL,'marl','marl',0,1,'2006-09-10-00',1,'2050-01-01-00' )

Is there any particular reason you're not doing this the normal way?

(i.e. using ? and then setTimestamp(int,Timestamp))

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

Nuix Pty Ltd

This message is intended only for the named recipient. If you are not the
or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this message or
attachment is strictly prohibited.