db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Marl Atkins" <m...@softlinksys.com>
Subject Date - Timestamp format for inserts?
Date Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:25:50 GMT
Hi:

I can't figure this out.

I'm getting an error that says:
'The syntax of the string representation of a datetime value is incorrect.'

I've tried 4 or 5 different formats. It doesn't seem to like anything.
The only 2 fields that are Date fields are DateCreated and DateExpired.
They're taken from a MySql DATETIME datatype but I'm not sure what they
convert to in Derby.

What's wrong with this statement?
INSERT INTO users
(RecordID,CTMCClientID,OrgName,Prefix,FName,MidInit,LName,Addr1,Addr2,City,S
tate,Zip,Phone,CellPhone,AltPhone,Fax,Email,Login,Password,Status,AccessLeve
lID,DateCreated,CreatedBy,DateExpired ) VALUES(1,NULL,'SoftLink Systems,
Inc.',NULL,'Marl',NULL,'Atkins',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL
,NULL,'marl','marl',0,1,'2006-09-10-00',1,'2050-01-01-00' )

Marl K. Atkins
Microsoft Certified Professional
SoftLink Systems, Inc.
(407) 388-1886