db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Eric Blenkush <e...@commongrnd.com>
Subject Re: derby-user Digest 19 Nov 2006 19:25:53 -0000 Issue 426
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 01:45:06 GMT

On Nov 19, 2006, at 11:25 AM, derby-user-digest-help@db.apache.org
wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> I tried out your web-based Derby manager.
> It seemed to work very well, except that my X server freaked out
> about drawing those Mac graphics!
> (took all cpu for quite long every time a new window/frame was
> created, or when I used the scroll bars)
>
> Don't really know what else you could have added, as I'm not using
> these kind of tools much. On first sight, I did not miss any basic
> features related to manipulating the contents of the database.
> I did not see any interface for backing up/restoring the database
> or letting another user access the database, but maybe I missed it
> or this kind of functionality might be out of scope.
> I would recommend users more experienced with management systems to
> try it out and comment on it!

Kristian,

Thanks for the comments. Acutally you can backup a derby database
using our manager. You have to be logged in as a derby system level
user. Then go to the "Internal Databases" tab, select the database
you want to backup and click the popup menu. You can then either
delete the database or back it up.

On the same tab you can also create new databases.

As far as giving access to other users they just need access to the
server that is running our manager and a login and password for the
derby database. You can create new derby users on the "Internal
Database" tab if needed.

Eric
CommonGround Softworks