db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Marl Atkins" <m...@softlinksys.com>
Subject RE: Help! Can't connect to DBase
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 18:19:32 GMT
Hmm, I downloaded the 10.2 version and signed it.
I replaced the one I was using with the new one.
Now it works again.

The scary thing is that it just up and quit working.
I didn't replace the jar or alter it in any way.
I sure hope that doesn't happen again.

Well, thanks for your help:o)

-----Original Message-----
From: David.Vancouvering@Sun.COM [mailto:David.Vancouvering@Sun.COM] On
Behalf Of David Van Couvering
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 7:08 PM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: Help! Can't connect to DBase

- Can you send the stack trace for the NullPointerException?  I'd be curious
to see if it's happening inside Derby or if it's happening in your code
because ds.getConnection() returned null

- If you're running Derby 10.2, you can go to the lib directory and say
'java -jar derbyrun.jar sysinfo'.  If you're running 10.1 then you can go do
'java -cp derbytools.jar org.apache.derby.tools.sysinfo'

David