db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Bayless Kirtley" <bk...@cox.net>
Subject Derby data types
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 23:19:46 GMT
I have a project that currently uses the McKoi open source data base. I am interested in converting
it to Derby because of the larger user base. Before doing so, I would like to estimate the
rewrite effort involved. To that end, I have to main questions.

1. McKoi supports a Boolean data type which I have used extensively. Does Derby have an equivalent
or something easily substituted?

2. McKoi also supports Java Objects. What data type would I need to use in Derby? If the answer
is CLOB then will I have to convert both ways to save and retrieve?

I am fairly competent in SQL but by no means a real expert. I am using J2SE and ResultSet
to communicate with the data base via JDBC.

Thanks,
Bayless