db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Marl Atkins" <m...@softlinksys.com>
Subject Help! Can't connect to DBase
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 16:36:13 GMT
Hi:

I've got an Applet based application that I've been working on for about 3
months.
It creates a Derby database from a MySql database.
It's been working fine.

Today, for no apparent reason, the Applet can't connect to the Derby
database.
If I use an application with a main proc. in the NetBeans IDE, it still
works fine.

I've tried deleting and recreating the database, rebooting . . .
The Applet *seems* to be creating the database but then it won't connect to
it in the next session.
I connected to it successfully with Squirrel but it didn't see any tables.

Again, this worked and as far as I recall, I didn't change any code.
It still works in the IDE. With the Applet it's apparantly returning null
when I try to create a connection object.

I'm running Windows 2000 Pro; my browser is IE 6

Is there an error I could trap besides Exception?
I'm just looking for some ideas, hoping maybe you've run into something like
this.
Right now I'm lost. I have no idea how to solve it.

Marl K. Atkins
Microsoft Certified Professional
SoftLink Systems, Inc.
(407) 388-1886