From: Jim McNamara [mailto:3rdshiftcoder@verizon.net]
Sent:
Sunday, October 29, 2006 4:47 PM
To: 'derby-user@db.apache.org'
Subject: dialog hangs on referntial exception

hi-

derby 10.1.3.1 windows

is there some loop trying to commit the sql transaction that causes

a delay?  it cause the dialog to become responsive for a little too

long and then returns control eventually and displays my custom

error message to the user.

can someone please give me a quick tip to avoid this?

btw I really like how easy it is to put a column constraint

to handle integrity.  I once did it with tcl and sqlite and had to use

triggers.

thanks,

jim