hi-

I can start ij and connect to the db.   I am trying to run some code off the mailing list archive.

for some reason it will NOT recognize the place I store MyMathFuncs.

here is the link for the  code sample http://tinyurl.com/zkjj3

  .  I made an exact copy of the code. the server is started in a separate cmd window.

the function is stored in a project directory named budgetcalc in eclipse.

the package name is bcalc2.  the create statement was done

using the squirrelSQL editor.  I kept getting the same error last night.

can someone please give me a tip?  thanks for any help -- jim

here is my cmd window in dos:

C:\jadeCheckBook>cd c:\derby\frameworks\NetworkServer\bin

C:\derby\frameworks\NetworkServer\bin>set CLASSPATH =c:\derby\lib\derbyclient.ja

r;c:\derby\lib\derbytools.jar;c:\eclipse\workspace\budgetcalc\bcalc2\MyMathFuncs

;

C:\derby\frameworks\NetworkServer\bin>java org.apache.derby.tools.ij

ij version 10.1

ij> connect 'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/c:/derby/lib/myDB; create =false; user=

user1; password=user1';

ij> values myInc(5,10);

ERROR 42X51: The class 'MyMathFuncs' does not exist or is inaccessible. This can

 happen if the class is not public. SQLSTATE: XJ001: Java exception: 'MyMathFunc

s: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException'.

ij>