hi-

I set up this function in squirellSQL.

CREATE FUNCTION DISTRIBTOTALAMOUNT() RETURNS DOUBLE PARAMETER STYLE JAVA

READS SQL DATA LANGUAGE JAVA EXTERNAL NAME 'bcalc.DistGetTotalAmount.getTotal'

if I try to call it in squirrelSQL like this call DISTRIBTOTALAMOUNT() I get not

recognized as a function or a procedure.

but if I try to create it with the same syntax it tells me it exists.

also I don’t see where it is viewable in the tree. maybe I am not looking in the right place.

I tried it outside the squirrels realm and have the exact same results for errors.

this is overkill as all I am doing is summing a couple of rows in a table but I could

have done something interesting like java proc|function related instead of reads sql data.  I am just trying it

out.  maybe I could move some more code outside of the GUI event handlers using this trick.

Any help is appreciated!

thanks very much,

jim