db-derby-user mailing list archives

From michael.mo...@sherwin.com
Subject Re: Derby Embedded+Network
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:42:40 GMT
Then you want to run NetWorkServer mode and not Embedded mode.

10/16/2006 01:58 PM
Please respond to "Derby Discussion"

        To:     derby-user@db.apache.org
        Subject:        Derby Embedded+Network

I have configured Derby to run in embedded mode, including starting the
Network Framework, within Tomcat5.  Everything works fine, except that
I connect to the Network framework, ie, via ij or from another machine on
the network, using a query tool, I seem to only get a Read-Only
If I drop Tomcat (& the embedded instance of Derby) and start a pure
NetworkServer instance then I can get a read-write connection.  My goal is
to run Derby embedded in Tomcat, while still having the luxury of
Derby via the network for queries, maintenance, etc.  Thanks for any help.

View raw message