db-derby-user mailing list archives

From michael.mo...@sherwin.com
Subject Re: Derby 10.1.3.1 Embedded+Network
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:37:18 GMT
Good luck,

Michael

mballard@oreillyauto.com
10/16/2006 02:57 PM
Please respond to "Derby Discussion"

        To:     "Derby Discussion" <derby-user@db.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Derby 10.1.3.1 Embedded+Network

However, based on various documentation I have read, it appears the best
of
both worlds is Embedded+Network mode, and, unless there is some other doc
which says this is a limitation in this mode, then it seems this should be
a workable solution.  This should allow Tomcat5 to realize the benefits of
embedded mode, while not restricting other (non-tomcat) users access to
the
derby system.
Thanks, MikeB

Mike Ballard
Director of Internet Development and Networking
O'Reilly Auto Parts
(417) 874-7107 Ofc
(417) 838-0271 Cell

             michael.mouer@she
             rwin.com

             10/16/2006 01:42          "Derby Discussion"
             PM                        <derby-user@db.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

                  "Derby               Re: Derby 10.1.3.1 Embedded+Network

                Discussion"
             <derby-user@db.ap
                 ache.org>

Then you want to run NetWorkServer mode and not Embedded mode.

mballard@oreillyauto.com
10/16/2006 01:58 PM
Please respond to "Derby Discussion"