db-derby-user mailing list archives

From mball...@oreillyauto.com
Subject Re: Derby 10.1.3.1 Embedded+Network
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:12:05 GMT
I mean I typically get errors like the following:

 ERROR 25503: DDL is not permitted for a read­only. connection, user or
 database

The database is NOT on read-only media, but when I connect  from other than
tomcat, I either have a read-only connection or a read-only user.  The user
must be correct tho', because it is a fullAccess user id and works when
accessing via tomcat.  The user is defined within the derby.properties
file, authenticates with no problem and is designated as a fullAccess user.
Does that help?

Thanks, MikeB

Mike Ballard
Director of Internet Development and Networking
O'Reilly Auto Parts
(417) 874-7107 Ofc
(417) 838-0271 Cell

             Bryan Pendleton
             <bpendleton@amber
             point.com>                                                 To
                                       Derby Discussion
             10/17/2006 04:00          <derby-user@db.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Derby 10.1.3.1 Embedded+Network
                  "Derby
                Discussion"
             <derby-user@db.ap
                 ache.org>

> All this works great, except that when I connect from outside of tomcat,
> always get a read-only connection.

Do you mean read-only in the sense of
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/cdevdeploy11201.html#cdevdeploy11201

Or do you mean read-only in the sense of
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/rdevcsecure190.html

That is, can you determine whether the connection is read-only because
the database is on read-only media, or because the security settings
are read-only?

thanks,

bryan

believed to be clean (3EBA4F90AA.1D914).